Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(08-29-2020, 05:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's  a weak aside.

Most protestors just see people joining in; they're not performing DICA background checks on their fellow man.

Oh, I agree.  I certainly don't expect the crowd to be running real time background checks on each other.  I just found it telling that so many these "protesters" who end up engaged in violence have significant criminal histories.  It's almost like being anti-law enforcement and pro criminal attracts criminals. 

(08-29-2020, 06:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, what do you suggest for people who want to admit the protesting and rioting is awful but has no faith that the other side is going to fix it?  My inability to believe that one side is good and one is evil is really making me feel hopeless and anti-american?

All I see is people doing terrible things getting a big ol' reward in 2020 regardless of which side wins.  I should probably just find something else to obsess over.

I'd suggest avoiding any protests in which violence has occurred. I'd suggest either leaving immediately once you see violence perpetrated or turning the violent people over to the police.  I do agree, neither side is interesting in fixing this.  The Dems can't, because they've thrown their lot in with the rioters.  The GOP won't, because it's great campaign fodder for them.

(08-29-2020, 11:38 PM)samhain Wrote:  
Are you seriously going to tell me that you can look at the pictures of him crammed into the cop cosplay outfit and not think that he's Augustus Gloop from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory crossed with Eric Cartman?  LOL.  Yeah, I'm sure he just bought the AR to defend himself from the mob of young ladies trampling each other to earn his favor.

The AR was his friend's rifle.  The rest of this paragraph is a little judgmental.

Quote:His mom had to remove him from school.  Lots or kids, perhaps even most, experience bullying.  How many cope so poorly that they have to be removed from social interaction with their peers.  It's not the norm, for sure.

No, not the norm to be sure.  Does it not being the norm mean it's this kid's fault?  That seems to be your position.

Quote:Also not saying he's "right".  I don't think a 17 year old patrolling a riot zone with an AR is a good idea on any level.

I don't think people rioting, looting and burning down buildings is a good idea either.  I don't think attacking the police on a nightly basis is a good idea on any level.  Yet, they both continue, regardless.

Quote:Does the military let 17-year-olds enlist?

With parental permission, yes.

Quote:I am open to the idea that he was indeed defending himself, but I'm not ready to build a statue of the pudgy fella in DC to honor his heroism as the right seems prepared to do.  

No statue needed.  We're only discussing the criminal charges and whether they were warranted.

Quote:I dunno, maybe the people that venerate him can send him a care package of some donuts and cheesy poofs to help him cope.

Ugh.  I'm going to ignore this bit.   Whatever
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-30-2020, 08:23 PM