Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempered Expectations with Burrow
I've seen a ton of hype around Burrow coming in and being the savior for the Bengals. He has been extremely impressive, especially last year and I do strongly believe he'll be a great player for the Bengals for many years to come. He has been a leader (already), he has been a winner (already), and he has earned the respect of teammates (already). He's a first pick overall and coming off a championship and expectations are very high as they should be. This is all very good news for a franchise starving for a winner and someone who can take control and be a great leader.

All that said, he is a rookie, he will make rookie mistakes, he will inevitable make some bad decisions. No matter what all the NFL talking heads, vocal fans, and others are saying during the offseason at the end of the day the guy is still a rookie and a human being. All the hype of him coming out and swinging his 10-inch hog around and just dominating the league right away is going to have some folks up in arms when it doesn't happen every game. Frankly I'm hoping all these same people who are thinking he's the second-coming of Christ are patient enough to realize it's going to take some time for him to adjust to NFL and for the team to gel in general. With Covid this year and all the lack of normal interaction, no preseason games, etc. it's going to take time. Patience is key and I hope the hype doesn't get to him, he seems like a guy who won't let that happen but I don't know if he has enough history with "losing" to have a good way to handle it when it inevitably happens. Time will tell.

I truly hope I'm wrong and hope he comes in and just crushes everything, but some folks just need to realize that might not be the case right off the bat. Patience my friends...patience.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tempered Expectations with Burrow - WestCoastBengalsFan - 07-24-2020, 10:54 PM