Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread
It's a short season, right. So lets cut the months in half to still get 5 different sections on season. In regular season there would be 6 months of posts. This gives us 5. August 1st to 15th is a month in this short season. What they do in next 15 days is huge. They better get it together fast because in their July 7 games they were awful.

So 2-5 in July and in a regular season that would not be much early in April. This isn't April and this isn't a regular season. Reds have already played 7 of 60 games. They aren't hitting scoring runs, the bullpen stinks. I'm not sure Bell has the sense of urgency to turn this around fast.

Bauer on the mound tonight and they need a WIN. 3-5 keeps them close to .500 and of course 2-6 would just stink. They are getting their butts handed to them by the Detroit Tigers so far. 1-3. If Reds win next 2 games they can get that to 3-3, IF, IF, IF.

If Reds lose today they go to 1-4 against Tigers. Not Good. They need a WIN today to get to 2-3 and Sunday chance at 3-3.

Again, a thread for 1st half of August because there has to be a sense of urgency in this 60 game season. What happens now to August 15th is HUGE if this team was thinking play-offs. July was a last place effort.

I'll add one big problem in hitting is DH and one of the OF spots. Senzel is starting to fill that OF spot. So far Reds have worst DH ever. Somebody needs to step up at DH. I'm still not sure why the hype on Davidson, I've never seen anybody want him in Fantasy Baseball in any year. Loremzen hits better than some of the guys at DH so far. Barry Larkin likes Van Meter and maybe he needs more looks at DH. I don't think Aquino has been given much of a chance. Bell sees something in Davidson. Somebody needs to step up at DH. I liked Stephenson, but they sent him right back, he scored runs the short time he was up. I will add Ervin and Winker. Somebody needs to start hitting the ball at DH. Reds poor hitting needs a good DH. At this point the pitchers could hit better for themselves. They should bat DH 9th until somebody steps up. As of now one of the catchers makes the best DH because the catchers have been hitting.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds August 1st to 15th Games Thread - kevin - 08-01-2020, 06:08 AM