Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and all NFL may need expanded rosters
(08-05-2020, 02:45 PM)Destro Wrote: Same here. If a team wants more employees/players, I'm all for it. I think Covid causes it to make even more sense. Less practice and no preseason. Injuries happen, someone gets Covid and likely gone for two weeks. Have someone already on the team who knows the playbook. Can still only put 11 on the field at a time. 

I think it benefits the players as well. 

They vets have to take less reps as there is more bodies around longer. They can take a day off to heal up during the week and still have each position group well manned.

For the rookies, and UDFA's it would be a huge help. A guy like Rodney Anderson who needs to get healthy and get reps could do that with an expanded roster. It gives guys from smaller schools a chance to get up to speed on the level of competition in the NFL and maybe you start to see more of them have better careers.

The other big factor is special teams. You know longer have guys on ST's that are an important back-up or maybe even a starter. Imagine Simmons being able to pick his own guys to keep not having to worry about where they fit elsewhere on the roster.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals and all NFL may need expanded rosters - Murdock2420 - 08-05-2020, 02:54 PM