Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Five Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season"
(08-10-2020, 03:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree QB's usually get the look since they are high profile, but the competition is what I think makes this a more bold prediction, not too mention the unknowns:

1) With less interaction due to Covid, will it be harder for a rookie QB to adjust to the league then say a rookie RB? 
2) With the shortened off-season, how long till Burrow builds a good chemistry with his wideout, not too mention how long till the O-line gels?

It will be an interesting season.

Please don't read this as an attack on you Murdock, but these arguments about Covid and having less time to prepare hurting rookie QB play don't make that much sense to me.  If anything, I think offenses will have the advantages on defenses (at least in the beginning).  Defenses having to cover and tackle without the full-speed practices and pre-season games seems like a greater liability than running and catching.  Blocking may be an issue, but that is going to be every team. 

When in college, the NCAA has practice regulations that prohibit teams from organized practices (with coaches) to 20 hours per week  (i believe...it may have changed.  That rule didn't exist when I was in college and we went WAY beyond it).  Burrow was able to be dominant against the best defenses in college football in one year with a new scheme and OC.  

I think Burrow will be downright amazing in year 1.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Five Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season" - SHRacerX - 08-10-2020, 09:03 AM