Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay
(08-24-2020, 03:26 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I know it's "cool" for the Cincinnati area fans to hate Ohio State.  Seen it plenty on this board.  Heard it plenty on 700 WLW.  The Buckeyes are the best football team in Ohio from year to year.  It's OK to be a Buckeye fan and live in Cincinnati...  You don't have to be a douche.

I live in Southern Ohio.  Portsmouth, area.  I love my Buckeyes and my Bengals.  I see a lot of you guys hate on Ohio State from jealousy of Columbus.  They are literally like 90 minutes to the right of Cincinnati , our state capital and you hate them cause UC sucks.  Pathetic

There is nothing wrong with our state capital or rooting for the Buckeyes

It has nothing to do with being "cool" or "hating" on Ohio State.  It's simply the reality of the situation.

I'm not saying there are no Ohio State fans here, because of course there are.  I'm saying they in no way dominate the area as far as fandom goes.  They're way down the list here.

Cincinnati is a very unique city, when compared to the rest of the state.  It's almost seperate.  A lot goes into this (Bordering Kentucky and Indiana, being a river city, etc.)

Anyone can root for whoever they want, I would never dispute that.  But if you think you'll find tons and tons of people here wearing OSU gear then you're sadly mistaken.  In fact, I'd argue that you'd find more UK fans here than OSU.

So no, OSU does not "dominate" the market here. Not even close. 

As far as it being jelously I think it a better term would either be indifference or annoyance.  I made a simple statement that OSU isn't as big of a deal here as elsewhere, and you take offense and label as jealousy.  If anything, this is what bothers non-OSU fans here.  Just because I don't root for your team does not mean I'm jealous.  Not everything is about OSU.

Lastly, UC is a great city school. And they far from suck.  Consensus Top 20 Basketball Program of ALL TIME.  Multiple National Championships.  Has one of the greatest to ever do it in Oscar Robertson.  Football has been ranked the last 3 years. Have played in Orange Bowl and a Sugar Bowl in the last 10 years.

Is UC football as good as Ohio State.  Nope.  Do we pretend to be?  Nope.  We operate on a budget that's probably 1/4 of yours.  But we have a really nice program, and a great history as a school.  And just because we're proud of that does not mean we're jealous of anyone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Brown stadium deal ending in 2026- will the Bengals stay - Wes Mantooth - 08-24-2020, 12:00 PM