Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a neat part of political history
So, yesterday I got home with a car full of heirlooms and valuables from my uncle's house. I was going through some of it, today, and came across this.
[Image: Y0mY9OI.jpg]

Now, at first I just looked at the date and got excited because this what the first of three elections when the Democrats nominated William Jennings Bryan, quite the name in Democratic politics during that time period. But then the city caught my eye. That convention was in Chicago, not Indianapolis. So I did some research and found out that a group of Democrats that were not happy with Bryan's nomination, split and had their own convention. These were for that second, conservative Democratic convention.

The button has an image of MacArthur and says "Win or die" and the medal is a 1913 inaugural medal for Woodrow Wilson.

Just some neat stuff I thought I'd share.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Found a neat part of political history - Belsnickel - 08-24-2020, 04:14 PM