Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread
(09-09-2020, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reds 6 games underb .500 with only 18 games left.

I have said all along that a team under .500 had a chance of making the playoffs in the NL.  A run of 12-6 would get the Reds to .500.  Winning 12 of 18 is not a ridiculous number, but the problem is the Reds have done nothing to make ne think they can turn it around.  They just look like a bad team.

The starting pitching looked great at the start, but even that has gone dwonhill.

I wassoi impressed with all the moves the team mad ethis offseason, but the guys we paid all that money look like crap.

The starting pitching has gone downhill, imo, from two things.  The first is the lack of hitting.  It wears pitchers down thinking they have to be perfect because they know run support will probably not be there.

The second is what looks for all the world like the team pitching philosophy, which is throwing way too many pitches.  Does any other pitching staff in baseball go to more full counts than the Reds? 

Whose idea is it that, when you get an 0-2 count on a hitter, the next three pitches have to be in the dirt or up out of the strike zone?  What is the deal with all the "throw away" pitches?  When a pitcher only has so many pitches in his arm over the course of a season or a career, just how many pitches does one want to waste?  It makes no sense.

As to the guys brought in, how is it that they forgot how to hit?  They knew how to hit for years but now, somehow, they can no longer do what they always could before.

There is something poisoning this team and I see no way that it is not coming from the top.  Fire Dumbbell today and just see if it turns around.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread - McC - 09-09-2020, 02:39 PM