Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread
Let me add to that. Take the Fat Lady Cut Out Singing of the Truck Promotion in outfield...for now. With Reds winning double header they are 3 under .500 in THIRD PLACE and Giants are 1 under .500 in THIRD PLACE and Cardinals are 1 under .500 in SECOND PLACE. IF Reds can catch either the Giants or the Cardinals, they are in Play-Offs. I did not take into account the rest of National League is playing bad also.

Now some would say what the heck is the point coming into play-offs as one of the bottom teams. #1, Because play-offs is play-offs. #2. Gray has a back strain. What if he comes back healthy for play-offs. Castillo is pitching better. You hit the play-offs with Bauer, Castillo, maybe Gray back, for a 4th pitcher Disco or Maher. You do no use a 5th starter in play-offs ever. You almost never use 4th starter, not like first 3. Moving 5th starter to bullpen helps pen. I'm leaving out Antone, and I shouldn't.

Now, the Reds have to keep getting after last place Pirates Tuesday and Wednesday, which is not Mission Impossible. That would put Reds 1 game under .500 and maybe move ahead of either Giants or Cardinals. ....So take the Fat Lady Singing Cut Out that I suggested, take that down for now. The rest of NL is playing bad enough, that they left the back door open on play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread - kevin - 09-15-2020, 12:30 AM