Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Good, Bad, and 5up/5down: Week 1
(09-14-2020, 03:19 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: I only caught part of the game and just went back and watched it. Here are the things that stood out.

Bad:
-Over throw to AJ. (Bengals -7 points.)
-Mixon fumble led to easy 3 points for Chargers. (Chargers +3 points)
-Horrendous kick-off by Bullock setup Chargers starting drive at 44 yard line. This led to the Chargers only TD. (Chargers +7 points)
-Burrow fumble and we miss out on 3 points. (Bengals - 3 points)
-And of course, the missed 31 yard chip shot field goal. (Bengals -3 points)
-Prevent defense at the end of the 1st half. and still give up a huge play to Henry. (Chargers +3 points)
-Ross' drops. 1 for a TD. (Bengals -7 points)

You're going to have some of these plays in a game but it is hard to overcome that many give-away points. Note: I did not check to see if we settled for FG's on the miss to AJ or Ross.

Bad (general):
-Bobby Hart. Woof.
-Time management again. I am going to give a little leeway here since it was Burrow's first game without a preseason. However, this has been a trend way too long. We used our last timeout with 6:22 to go in the game. Taylor said he was afraid of a sack with 0:07 to go, that is why he went FG. We don't waste that TO, we get 1 more play and who knows.
-Burrow with no completions over 15 yards (granted the Ross one was not his fault). This may be because of the poor OL play that didn't give him time.
-Taylor 2-15 now.

Good:
-Burrow went to every player after the game to check on them.
-Burrow led them down the field and put them in a position to win/tie it.
-23 yard TD was an audible
-Several short yard stops on defense.
-Defense looked much more athletic all around.

On a side note, the next 10 years of our free agency rest on the cart brought out to Reader. There aint no way we are signing any more players if we lose Waynes, Su'a-filo, and Reader all by the first game. I am hearing it was just cramps.

How did everyone miss Reader coming in for the last series?
(09-14-2020, 03:21 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Nah. Having zero timeouts with 5+ min left in a 3 point game is horrible clock management even if you do win. 

The 100% truth to this is that last year, this WASN'T an issue with Zac; we regularly had TOs to spare in almost every game last year.

If we go 3 straight games with this issue, then... but yeah, I'll give him a pass with a rookie QB, learning the ins and outs of the NFL play clock, which is much less-forgiving than the NCAA one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good, Bad, and 5up/5down: Week 1 - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-14-2020, 04:10 PM