Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals ain’t the only team that got screwed by the refs
(09-14-2020, 12:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's a question. Which is better?

1. Ross lays out, knowing he won't come down in bounds, gets both hands on the ball but when he lands, injures himself and misses 4+ games.
2. Ross does what he did, knowing he can't come down in bounds and stays healthy to continue playing. 

I don't blame ross for the missed TD. I have never been one to think that just because you get the tip of a finger on a ball it should be expected to be caught. And, you're right, if he dives, he doesn't get 2 feet in for it to count anyway.

That is a tough throw/play call from that distance in general. It has to be perfect and with Ross missing the majority of camp, it's unreasonable to think it could/should be.

I'm more curious as to the what ifs on plays in the first half where Burrow was looking to go down field and couldn't because he was sacked or pressured within two seconds or less. There were so many points that should have developed with protection that a 21 point lead at the half is reasonable to envision.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals ain’t the only team that got screwed by the refs - PDub80 - 09-15-2020, 11:20 PM