Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This organization doesn’t deserve Burrow
(09-18-2020, 01:22 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Except the QB isn't the problem.  In fact, despite what you're referencing, the play has improved at the position.

The problems are the offensive line, and the run defense.  The two biggest issues that plagued us last year.

Blame the coaching staff, or the personnel, or preferably both.  Either way, with an entire offseason, neither are showing improvement.

You can't blame Joe Burrow's lack of an offseason for a run defense this bad, or the fact he got hit 10 times tonight.

I've never been high on the staff.  These coordinators are second rate and the o-line coach was a dud that looked like he'd never work in the league again.

I'm not going to knock the Higgins pick at the cost of getting a RT.  AJ needs replaced soon, and this was apparent tonight.  His deal is only good through this year, so you need a future number 1 for the quarterback.  

Still, the bottom feeders and retreads stocking the line are frustrating.  I think Jonah and Jordan will be serviceable to good once they mature, but the right side is a loss at this point.  

I want to see Burrow with time to throw.  He's been effective while getting pounded, but this can't be the norm.  It's time to accept the hard facts that there are no long-term answers there right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This organization doesn’t deserve Burrow - samhain - 09-18-2020, 01:29 AM