Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos @ Steelers Game Day Thread
(09-20-2020, 03:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I sometimes wonder if it isn't coached into the players. This isn't a league conspiracy thing, it is just a thought I have had several times, you coach your players to commit penalties every play. Offensive line, holds every play, DPI every play, helmet to helmet, and spearing, constantly for the simply reason of knowing that the refs will not flag it every time. Sure, you will get called for it a few times, but if you get away with it 90% of the time, it changes the complex of the game. Your QB has more time, so you score points. Your defense it getting under the skin of the other team and hurting guys so you give up less points. Watching a steelers game is like a highlight reel of infractions, yet, they aren't flagged.

Yeah. I think players get away with a lot because of what you said, across the league. It just seems like referees subconsciously give perennial good teams the benefit of the doubt way too often. 

The flag on Bates came out instantly, even though replay showed no H2H. They say "err of the side of caution". They should amend that to say "unless it's the steelers". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broncos @ Steelers Game Day Thread - rfaulk34 - 09-20-2020, 04:36 PM