Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS vs Braves Play-Off Games Thread
There is another game

Maybe greatest pitching game in Reds History wasted. Not just Bauer but everyone who took the mound.

I do question that Reds were Red Hot winning 5 series in a row to climb into play-offs. So I question Reds using a line-up they have not used all season. What was wrong with the most used line-up to win 5 series in a row to finish season. As it turned out many base running mistakes were made by players not use to being on base or in game lately. Some mistakes on defense by some players out of position, that Bauer and others pitched out of.

I've seen this before. Ohio State was ranked #1 in Nation, but at home, in last game against Michigan, with Ohio State 2 touchdown favorites, Coach Cooper for no reason benched his starting quarterback, and started the 2nd string QB who had never started. Ohio State lost to Michigan, lost National Championship of 1995. A very strange coaching move. So was Reds using a line-up to start play-offs they have never used before. That it produced no runs and many mistakes is very much like 1995 Ohio State strange move.

My life's work was as a store manager, and I discovered that when store employees and store running great, perfect audits, it is not the time to shake things up and over manage. When a team in sports or business is winning, the one sure way to screw it up is to over manage. Don't go on what computer charts may say. Don't mess with a winning streak.

So Reds used a line-up they have never put on the field, and they lost game one of play-offs. They messed with the winning streak and this more than anything caused the 13 innings of no runs and bonehead base running and THE LOSS. I do Question using a line-up you have never used to start play-offs, when your line-ups that won 5 straight series are healthy, I do Question that.

There is another game. Castillo could tie up series for Gray in last game. I suggest they return to line-up most used in winning 5 straight series to get here. This is not Spring Training.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REDS vs Braves Play-Off Games Thread - kevin - 10-01-2020, 01:52 AM