Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open
(10-05-2020, 05:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They will usually at least catch the ball when it goes their way, and Erickson contributes on punt returns. Ross is, was, and will be....a bust. 

This is what I was saying earlier in the year (not about Ross).

Erickson yesterday had 7 snaps on offense, 5 on teams.

- He had 1 target and 1 catch, a 9 yarder which made it an easier field goal for Fat Randy.
- 1 jet sweep/end-around for 7 yards that setup a 2nd and 3 where we scored again.
- Gunned on a punt with Wilson and could've downed the ball at the 1 (but Wilson elected to touch it and bobbled it, into the endzone).

The guy is not the greatest player and IS our 5th/6th receiver, but he offers a bunch of different skills, is versatile and NOT a bum out there; if we had Erickson instead of Whalen (still think he could've been something in this league) or Sanzenbacher for 2011-2014, I guarantee we would've had better results on teams and at WR, than what we had (which was really good anyways).

And he can throw the ball; I won't be surprised if he has an attempt or two in a couple of games this year (though I will say, while this isn't the 2019 LSU team, no non-QBs lined up to take a snap for them, last year).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-05-2020, 08:03 PM