Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent 2A news regarding AR pistols
(06-08-2021, 07:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, here is an update for this. Yesterday, the ATF actually announced a proposed rule change that would ostensibly make every AR pistol out there an SBR.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/factoring-criteria-firearms-attached-stabilizing-braces

Of course, I consider this to be bullshit. But I'm also of two minds on this because I would really like the gun community to stop pretending that these braces were really anything other than a way to get around the SBR laws. I'm for eliminating the classifications that require these extra stamps altogether, I just get tired of the bad faith arguments.

I agree, but the bad faith is coming from the ATF.  How inane is it to legally own an AR pistol, but the minute you brace it against your shoulder you've committed a felony?  Braced against your cheek?  Perfectly legal.  I don't see the firearms community adhering to the letter of the ATF restrictions as anything other than clever.

This does perfectly illustrate why the ATF absolutely cannot have a Director like Chipman who can't even define what an "assault weapon" is, or is lying about it.  Either option is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent 2A news regarding AR pistols - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-08-2021, 12:22 PM