Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Offensive Line: It's NOT the Players. It's the Scheme
(10-12-2020, 12:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just keep it simplified until the line gels and can execute the more exotic stuff properly. Stop this "simplify it then next season go right back to the failed concepts" business. Also, using a simpler scheme does not mean the players are bad automatically. I mean, even our great lines with Braham and Levi and company did not use complicated schemes - they just had sound technique and relatively simple schemes they executed correctly consistently. 

They are already B.O.B on pass protection ("Man"), only really sliding is on the boot stuff. They combo some of their run stuff, but they aren't really running any sort of exotic blocking scheme. They aren't understanding their fundamentals, i.e. when your guy doesn't come where do you provide help to or when your count is at a deficit who do you turn loose to the QB. Some of it yesterday I think comes down to mis ID'ing the Mike which left guys unblocked, but other times it is smply poor play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line: It's NOT the Players. It's the Scheme - Au165 - 10-12-2020, 12:40 PM