Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There’s a Way to Wake Up the Offensive Line — But it’s Too Mean
(10-14-2020, 08:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bad analogy, Bryson Dechambeau is killing everyone with that mentality, you could categorize him as struggling before that lol. Maybe an NFL team should hire him as a consultant with his physics degree/brain he would understand bulking up and leverage more than our coaches, considering how his changes have affected his golf game.

Who holds them accountable, the coaches? Lol. Like you're making a **** ton of money. Maybe you shouldn't be employed here. There is seriously nobody else out there? Some younger people also get motivated when they're scared to lose their job because the backup is playing better. We lose so many games with our starters, I question if our backups would be backups on other teams (just like Andy would have probably not started for any other team for his full tenure here?).

I go back to my other point though, not everyone reacts the same to the way they're managed. Some people need to be yelled at, some don't want it at all. Some people don't need it. That's why we can wonder if the way Arians coaches will grind Brady or not vs. how Belichick did for so long.

I would argue that Dechambeau is the exception, not the rule. There are tons of guys out there who can smoke the ball that don't win anything or even sniff the tour. You must've missed the part where I said that if the players aren't motivated to improve then they shouldn't be here. 

There seems to be a lot of complacency in the organization and until that changes at the top, I don't think it's going to change much on the field. I hope Burrow's mentality changes that around, but I worry that he'll just fall into recent Bengalism like the rest. 

The talent is not good on the OL, the scheme is not good on the OL. There's no chicken or egg here. If the D-Line beats up on the O-Line in practice they're just doing what everyone else does. It's just all bad right now on the O-Line. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There’s a Way to Wake Up the Offensive Line — But it’s Too Mean - PikesPeakUC - 10-15-2020, 12:49 AM