Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two things I noticed that made me happy
The first thing I noticed was that Dalton forced that ball in to AJ that got picked off. Clearly a bad decision. I dont know if it was cockiness thinking he could get it in there, or that he just didnt see the DB. But after halftime, Dalton didnt try to force anymore balls into places like that again. In fact, on the next two drives, e threw balls out of bounds when he had no play. This made me happy because old Andy would have kept trying to do too much. New Andy learned from his mistake and didnt do it again. To me thats a huge step up in decision making.

The second thing I noticed was on his 5 yd QB keeper dive for a TD. When he was walking to the line, he said something to Bodine. They hiked the ball on first sound before seattle had a chnace to do any shifts. Bodine blocd the NT to the left and Dalton squirted into the endzone. The rest of the Bengals didnt block the same way as Bodine. The media never asked, and nothing was said, but I think Dalton saw that open midlle as they approached the line, told Bodine to go on first sound and block left, and improvised the run on his own taking advantage of the seattle formation. If so, that was also a hell of a decision and awesome to see.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Two things I noticed that made me happy - Beaker - 10-12-2015, 08:11 PM