Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
And the season is officially over
(10-18-2020, 07:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What about the fans that expected 6-9 wins? (The reasonable ones)

I think they're pretty happy, no? 

I mean, winning 6 to 9 games usually doesn't make the playoffs so what you're looking for in those seasons is growth of your young players that result in wins vs lesser competition with the occasional surprising win. 

Essentially, those years sacrifice draft position for growth. 

This season we've lost 3 games by 1 possession, two of which we realistically should have won, and tied one game that we also should have realistically won.

The young players are growing and achieving. Burrow just had his 4th 300 yard game in the last 5 games and Tee Higgins just had his first 100 yard game and looked like a legitimate #1 WR.

So we're getting the growth. We're watching the team play well and together. The only difference is we aren't sacrificing the draft position.

If I were predicting 6 to 9 wins, this season would be like a double whammy of value.

The only thing that may change from the losses is the coaches which, honestly, who doesn't want that? 

So this season is accomplishing the growth that a 6 to 9 win season would attribute to a growing team but without sacrificing the draft position because the coaching, which everyone wants gone anyway, have made bad calls before halftime and late in the game. Not a bad deal, imo.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
And the season is officially over - bjf123 - 10-18-2020, 07:15 PM
RE: And the season is officially over - CJD - 10-18-2020, 09:10 PM
And the season is officially over - bjf123 - 10-18-2020, 09:11 PM