Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Boyd leading all AFC North receivers
(10-23-2020, 03:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: OBJ has to be one of the most overrated players in recent history.

Go ahead and look at his numbers.  Guy hasn't had an elite season, or anything close to it, in years.

Here's his totals over the last 4 years: (For 2020 I'm using current projections):

2017 - 25 Rec, 302 Yards, 3 TD's
2018 - 77 Res, 1,052 Yards, 6 TD's
2019 - 74 Rec, 1,035 Yards, 4 TD's
2020 - 61 Rec, 851 Yards, 8 TD's

Those numbers aren't that good. At all.  Yet the guy managed to sign an 18 mil dollar a year contract.  He still accounts for 15 mil in cap space, and that's with the Giants eating his 40 million bonus, and keeping in on their books.

And this is leaving out the biggest legitimate gripe.  Not only is he incredibly overrated as a player, he's a terrible teammate.  Awful for a locker room, and all around garbage human being.

Then consider the fact that everywhere he's played, he's played for losers.  Nowhere he's been has even been remotely close to being a legitimate contender.

Say what you will about guys like TO, or Antonio Brown, or Michael Irvin.  Those guys still put up elite level numbers, and they played for decent teams.

This guy?  He's a bum.  He's a cautionary tale about letting one highlight and the media looking to create superstars into fooling everyone into thinking this guy is so damn special.  But he's not.  Not even close.

Sorry for the OT rant.  I really dislike this dude.  And I wanted to rip on him because he all around sucks.

I agree, OBJ is a piece of crap of a person but he was considered a star based on his first 3 years in the league.

His first 3 he averaged almost 1400 yards and had double digit touchdowns all three years. Also his catch 70% catch percentage his rookie year is insane. If you compare his first 3 years to AJs, Odell was the better player and AJ was considered a star and top WR in the league after his first 3 as well. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tyler Boyd leading all AFC North receivers - TheFan - 10-24-2020, 06:44 PM