Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
I have reservations about this.

I've seen no talk of whether he is a good scheme fit, only that he's a warm body so we must do everything we can to sign him.

I know little about him but can't help but think the reaction would be very different if he'd been signed day one of free agency and presented as the Bengals' solution to all our O-line woes. Where would he rank amongst guards due to hit Free Agency at the end of the season?

By signing him now it makes the Bengals less likely to address the O-line in the off-season. We saw how second half adjustments and a couple of decent displays against a Garrett-less Cleveland and a tanking Miami convinced the front office that we were as good as set for protecting the franchise. This seems like a short term band-aid that will just provide an excuse for not making the long term fixes that are required on the line. If he's 29, he'll be 31/32 and in decline when Burrow's rookie window is open.

If he signs where does he play? He's a LG but that's where Michael Jordan has been playing. Jordan is just off the best game of his career and we're in an important evaluation phase for him. Do we move him or Jordan to RG?

Saving the money for a run at Ohio native Thuney in the off-season seems like a better plan to me but persuade me otherwise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 10-27-2020, 11:50 AM
No Spain no Gain - kalibengal - 11-12-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - Bilbo Saggins - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: No Spain no Gain - fredtoast - 11-12-2020, 06:16 PM