Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not a big fan of most reaction videos
But I really dug watching this one. This is Devin Townsend playing the song Kingdom on EMG TV and most of the reactions here are by vocal coaches or opera singers. Most probably have a justifiable prejudice against Metal performers since most Metal vocalists suck. But Devin is a special cat. He was told by his first vocal coach on his first visit that his clean singing will get ruined by his raspy yelling so he left and never went back. The reactions by the professionals when he gets to the raspy parts is pretty astounding because most of them, their brains can't comprehend what they are seeing/hearing because everything they were taught is being disproven in front of them for the first time.

I first heard of him in Strapping Young Lad which is lots of angry, raging, fast Techno/Death/Thrash/Industrial thrown into a blender.
[Image: 49995586.jpg]
If you're not really into Thrash and bash, his Devin Townsend Project is still Metal-ish but really hard to classify as he's all over the spectrum of sounds and moods as you can tell by the first video. He actually got his big break as Steve Vai's vocalist after Vai left the David Lee Roth band.

Hope you all enjoy it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'm not a big fan of most reaction videos - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 10-26-2020, 02:32 AM