Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos as a Bengal vs. Carlos as a Seahawk
I know I'm a few days late to the party, but check out this article and Dunlap's quotes on the differences between the culture and atmosphere in Seattle versus here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article247310459.html

It's nothing new to what former Bengals have said about us once leaving, but it is the first comments (to my recollection) coming from, and out of, the Taylor era Bengals upon departure.

Some excerpts for people who want a tl:dr...

“That was crazy to see a head coach that involved,” Dunlap said. “The whole sideline was like our 12s today. Everybody was locked into the game the whole way through, no matter what was out there. Field goals, everybody was celebrating. Seeing Bobby (Wagner) and Russ (Wilson) running out there after every field goal.”

“This is a whole different environment, man,” the two-time Pro Bowl defensive end in 10 1/2 seasons for the Bengals said.

“The culture here is very lovely. It’s contagious. ...It’s surreal. It’s refreshing.”

“The culture—from upstairs, to the city, to the valet in the hotel I was staying at when they first put me here—how in tune everyone is, how positive everyone is, (it’s) consistently,” he said.

“Even with the way we started off, we had those two losses back to back. Everyone was consistently positive. No one was second-guessing anything. Everybody was honest with themselves, willing to work, acknowledged what we needed to do better. And we worked at it."

“It’s just, all the layers of the culture here, it’s just positive. Believe in it. The leaders, Russ, DB (Duane Brown), and Bobby. They speak it. They follow up. They’re out there on the front lines, doing it with you. They lead the way

“And I’m just trying to find my place.”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos as a Bengal vs. Carlos as a Seahawk - Older Than You Too - 11-23-2020, 02:01 AM