Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDD when it comes to the Steelers
(11-18-2020, 09:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think we're in 95% agreement.  I will definitely admit he's cheap.  I just think that cheapness is driven by stubborness, which is basically another way of saying he's an old dude, who is the football equivalent of "In my day we used to walk to school 10 miles in the snow, up a 45 degree hill, and we ate pooridge for breakfast lunch and dinner, and we didn't complain."

I just think he's completely out of touch, and has been for his entire tenure.  He doesn't believe in a lot of ammentities or perks, because that's not important in his mind.

Conversely to the idea he's cheap, he's also known for "honoring contracts", and he's more than generous when taking care of his own (See Bernard, Gio).  He never tries to use leverage to renogiate contracts, even though he could (See Atkins, Geno)

Those are also old man philosophies and sayings.  They look a man in the eye, and they make handshake deals.  They don't wear hats indoors.  They eat dinner at precisely 5:00 o'clock every night, and they still think "look at the gams on that dame" is a perfectly acceptable obversation.

So yeah, we both agree the old man is cheap.  I just think he's cheap in the way an old man is cheap.  The old bastard probably still subsribes to the Enquirer and gets his oil changed every 3,000 miles, because that's the way he's always done it, and he likes it that way. 

I totally get what you're saying....I can buy that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SSDD when it comes to the Steelers - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-19-2020, 12:49 AM