Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Zak needs 1 more year to change culture
(11-19-2020, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If I told my upline management that I needed 3+ years to change the culture, they'd laugh in my face and tell me we can't wait that long for that.
Just tell them you needed an evaluation year or three.  Then follow it up with a bunch cliches about how you're really building something here, and clients are really buying into your philosophies.  Works everytime. 

I pulled this off at my current job.  The sales guy I replaced was hitting about 60k a month in sales.  They fired his ass because a lot of the top reps do 100k plus and he had a number of below average years.

Well, my first year I did 20k with his accounts.  Bosses called me in at the end of the year, and I just told them I needed a year to really figure out which accounts to target, and that I really needed to evaluate my entire base.  They loved it.  They said they knew this was going to be the case, and to keep up the good work.

Year 2 I'm now sitting at the same 20k in sales towards the end of the year.  I may even reach 30, or 40, or even 50k by years end!  Just had a meeting with the big wigs, and I regurgitated a bunch of balogna I read in How to Win Friends and Influence People.  Guess what?  They ate that shit up.

I just got a new contract for a 3rd year.  They know I'm really building something here.  Sure, I might be the lowest selling rep in my entire division, but big things are around corner!  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zak needs 1 more year to change culture - Wes Mantooth - 11-19-2020, 02:09 PM