Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I nuts to think oline isn't all that big of a 'need' anymore?
(11-18-2020, 06:46 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yes we gave up sacks last week but running the ball against Pitts at 5 per carry is hopeful.

Two sacks on Four total hits versus a front seven of the caliber of Pittsburgh is a great performance, given they are a patchwork OL unit.

(11-18-2020, 06:49 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im not so sure he's not better than Hart when you factor in his youth and how well he's handled getting thrown to the wolves.  I mean Pitts front is no joke and he more than held his own.  Also no preseason,  I really think he could end up an excellent tackle in this league.  Hart has improved but we've all seen what he can do when he decides to take a play or 2 off (get Joe smacked). 

I agree that they have decent bodies playing OL right now.  What they really need, in order to become a formidable unit is continuity and reps together.  They opened holes for the RB2 and RB3 to average 5/carry, as well as two significant TD runs that were called back for penalty, one of them very tick-tack.  

I completely agree that the primary focus is and should be on improving the pass rush.  Not saying that they need to ignore improving OL via free agent or draft, but it's not the biggest problem anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I nuts to think oline isn't all that big of a 'need' anymore? - SunsetBengal - 11-18-2020, 08:32 PM