Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor getting destroyed in the media
(11-23-2020, 02:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: From a purely mathematical perspective, you are correct. 

But, from a physics standpoint, you are incorrect.

The more times you expose Burrow to another person hurling himself at him, the greater the chances of an injury.

Let's take it to the extreme...
Let's theoretically assume that Burrow hands it off EVERY play of a game.  What are the chances of someone flying sideways into Burrow's plant leg as he throws?  Bascially ZERO, because his left leg isn't being planted in the middle of a chaotic (thanks to the shitty OL) mass of human bodies.

Now, let's assume that Burrow throws it EVERY play, do you think the chances of him getting injured that way are MORE or LESS?
Remember, we're not playing roulette or rolling dice, and writing down the results as statistics.  We're talking about uncontrolled, random chaos that has real, physical consequences.

It reminds me of the "Woodbeast" scene from Flash Gordon.  If you keep sticking your hand (or, in this case, Burrow's leg) INSIDE THE STUMP (inside the chaotic pocket) eventually you're going to get stung!

That was a fun read, and enjoyed the video.  But why draft an awesome QB  you have no intention of using?  I will never understand the logic of saying he's throwing too much or any of that given the circumstances.  To me, I can deal with it as long as I know why.  Clearly, the reason why is Mixon out.  Honestly I think even a few games Mixon was in, he didn't seem quite like himself.  Likely playing hurt, but pure speculation.  You combo that with a GOAT-type QB, he's a natural leader that will put the game on his shoulders and go.  We absolutely WANT that.

I do not EVER want a coach that would sacrifice winning for garbage "maybe" statistics.  To me, that means coach is a chickensh1t.  Taylor going for in on fourth down as much as he does alone, let alone the freedom he gave a rookie QB at the line, etc., tells me Taylor is the right guy for the job specifically for Burrow.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread