Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can't sell out a 12,000 seat stadium
(12-02-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Dude, first of all, calm the hell down.

My point is, don't go out of your way to argue semantics with someone when it's clear what they meant.  This happens all the time around here.

Saying the Bengals did nothing this season to improve their OL is a perfectly acceptable statement in the real world, outside of this bubble that is JN.

They drafted a 6th rounder, and a signed a backup guard, while letting another guard leave for more money (wash).  They spent 140 million dollars in free agency and 3 mil per went to XSF.  They waited, and waited, and waited to do anything in the draft

They essentially did nothing, and banked on one player returning from injury magically fixing one of the worst OL's in the league.  And that dude was already on the team, you can't say they did something this year because he got healthy.

They pretty much ignored the entire group and rolled the dice.  They rolled the dice on Michael Jordan, they rolled the dice on Bobby Hart, they rolled the dice on XSF, and they rolled the dice on guys like Fred Johnson and Billy Price by not bringing in any more proven depth. 

I'm all for accurately representing your position, and using as many facts as you can.  Hell, I'll supply more statistics and numbers than most, to the point of probably boring most people.  But I think it's stupid when people get attacked on semantics.

Like I said in my post you took such offense to,  it's the same shit we've seen in the past with free agency.  Someone would say "Man, we never do never do shit in free agency" and then some a-hole has come and remind them that techinically we signed this player and that player, even though they knew exactly what they meant.

Whatever, I'll stop here.  Geez Louise.

The mere fact that they spent only 7% of that free agent money on the o-line says it all...especially after drafting a QB 1OA. How do you not do everything in your power, especially with that amount of money being at your disposal, to assemble the best possible line you can in order to protect your investment at QB. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals can't sell out a 12,000 seat stadium - Bengalholic - 12-02-2020, 03:57 PM