Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finley was awful at QB and so was Allen...
(11-30-2020, 01:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, that was odd that he never took the check down. I am not a play caller, so I can't say definitively how these things are worked out, but I would assume that the play caller determines the read order. So if ZT called a play where the primary read was, say, Tee Higgins, and then the second read was the tight end and then the third read was the check down and Allen kept getting caught on the first or second read and never got to the third read, then that's obviously a QB issue.

But if he KEEPS doing it I, as the play caller, would presumably begin to change the play call or alter the play call to make the check down the 2nd read. I would hope our play caller would do the same. 

There's no way that the coaches didn't point out to Allen on the sidelines "you see this play where you got sacked after holding the ball for 3.5 seconds. If you just checked it down, Gio would have gotten 8 yards. And that's a bit better than an 8 yard sack, don't you think?"

If he continued making the same mistake, eventually you have to wonder what the coaches are even saying to him.

Of course, maybe Allen is just uncoachable. Who's to say?
Maybe Finley is also uncoachable and our coaches are just really really really unlucky with how uncoachable the back up QBs are (disregarding the fact that they brought these guys in, but we'll look past that point for the moment).

I tend to think when problems persist between player switches, it is likely the system rather than the individual players. A systemic issue, so to speak. But that is a viewpoint that not everyone necessarily has.
Finley's problem isn't his decision making. It's the fact he can't throw the ball more than 3 yards accurately.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finley was awful at QB and so was Allen... - PhilHos - 11-30-2020, 02:10 PM