Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 4.0, Sewell was gone
Someone traded up to get Sewell and then I was offered a really good trade to move down to #15, and took another trade to move to #19. My only regret was no OT but there was a run early, and there was simply no value when I was selecting. Hopefully, the Bengals signed a veteran RT to start and let Adeniji develop another year. I like the kid, but feel like he will have almost taken a step back given the horrible coaching he has received.

Round 1 Pick 19 (WASH): Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama (A+): WJIII isn't likely to sign with us, and I don't see the Bengals using the franchise tag on him. We all like him because we see flashes of dominance, but he is too inconsistent and I just get too many reports of him not wanting to be here. This guy slides RIGHT in and makes an impact as a rookie. Love his technique, ability, and toughness.

Round 2 Pick 3: Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A): No, it won't be an "All-Alabama" draft, but I was thrilled to see Baremore slide to the top of Rd 2. An instant upgrade inside and tough as hell. You might notice a theme here.

Round 2 Pick 15 (CHI): Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia (A): Surprisingly agile for a guy with his height (6'2"). I think if he played behind Bama's line he might be a first rounder, but he has all the tools and I am not going to rely on one pick to fix a position group. Competition and depth. The Bengals will have it at CB and if Waynes isn't playing at a top tier level, he will find himself a cut in 2022.

Round 2 Pick 19 (WASH): Jackson Carman, OG/OT, Clemson (B+): Absolute mauler that I start at RG. Tough, nasty, athletic and comes from a top-notch program. He might be a bit overdrafted here, but with my extra picks, I don't want to take chances that he is gone later and I get another "maybe" at guard. There are no sure things, but one thing is sure about this guy....he doesn't go backwards. Ever.

Round 3 Pick 3: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A-): Just like the CB position. Depth and talent. Not relying on MJ, Spain, or XSF being "good enough" against lesser competition only to get blown up against the steelers.

Round 4 Pick 3: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+): Outside speedster to help take the top off the defense, run slants/screens, and jet sweeps. One of the fastest guys in the league, but has hands and toughness lacking with Ross.

Round 5 Pick 3: Zaven Collins, DE/OLB, Tulsa (A+): This is a cheat pick as I see this guy like a lesser Khalil Mack. He won't go top of the first, but he is a freak and teams will reach for him. Can't wait to see the matchup against UC.

Round 6 Pick 3: Elijah Mitchell, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette (A+): Again, more competition at a position of supposed strength. This guy simply doesn't go down on the first tackle attempt. Runs angry. Love his toughness and competitive streak. Louisiana used to be a joke in D1. No longer.

Round 7 Pick 3: Chase Allen, TE, Iowa State (A+): The guy at the end of all my mocks, just because he is an athletic TE with good hands. A lot of folks seem to have us moving on from CJ.

Round 7 Pick 11: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (A+): Schwartz 2.0. Kind of a cheat pick again as once teams (and other people on this SIM) see him in a bowl game and the combine, he will rocket up boards.

If I can't get Sewell, I want a lot of picks for #3 so whomever can get their QB. Got a lot of picks sliding twice, and was able to solidify four areas of weakness: Defensive line, CB, Offensive line, and WR. Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SHRacerX Mock 4.0, Sewell was gone - SHRacerX - 12-19-2020, 11:45 AM