Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire!
(12-22-2020, 11:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a good call for Steelers fans to be doing what they're doing now, sitting in the corner with their tails tucked. You don't lose two in a row then go to this Cincy team and get smacked around like that, by a bunch of backups and Ryan Finley, and then show your face in pubic. This one has to hurt like none before, ever. 

If i could even imagine such embarrassment, i'd probably not leave my house till next week, at least. 

Brutal

(12-22-2020, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: This is the most accurate post I've ever seen from you.

Nothing has changed from the 11-0 start except for injuries and so other teams have figured out that the Steelers have virtually no running game and Ben isn't accurate over about 10-20 yards.

I warned Steelers fans for weeks but apparently the coaches, from Tomlin down, decided they didn't need to change anything even if they were playing with the "next man up".

It's sad to watch.  But I'm old enough to have seen Steelers teams underperform before and bounce back the next year.  We'll see,
But you still can't give rep when it's due.  

Sad.

I said that Ben can't make throws that a high school qb could make, which this goes along with that and I mentioned it in another thread that he can't make throws downfield.  He just was dinking and dunking the ball on crossing routes and to backs out of the backfield.

They don't have an explosive running game to make up for the lack of big plays in the passing game and teams will be able to just game plan to shut them down.

How did they start 11-0 and then now just look like shit?!  Had no teams figured out their weaknesses?  Last night, they seriously looked like a team that any NFL team could beat.
(12-22-2020, 12:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's still loved in Pittsburgh.  He also still hasn't done anything to disrupt the locker room like a Brown or OchoCinco.  He's a typical 20 something who loves social media.  The NATIONAL media, mostly made up of old men who hate anything they didn't do, push a narrative that he's doing something awful because the team is losing.  What is wrong with this team isn't anyone on TikTok...lol.

As to the lack of production:  Defenses don't respect any of the other WRs or Ben's ability to get the ball downfield.  So they just keep 8 in the box and drill the guys catching the short passes or make sure they gang tackle and limit the YAC.  JuJu gets the better coverage and Ben knows it so he doesn't look his way as often.

And to be clear this has been an issue all season.  Tomlin's game plan is always to hope his players make more plays and when you don't have the horses you have to be a better coach.

Tomlin's finally being exposed as a clueless coach who just had winning teams because of the talent on the field.

His in-game management and attitude, as well as his post-game press conferences, reminds me of Marvin struggling in all of those areas (to a lesser extreme, obviously).

Also, like I said above, Ben doesn't look like he can get the ball downfield or really make any challenging throws.  That stood out to me last night.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire! - BFritz21 - 12-22-2020, 03:39 PM