Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire!
(12-22-2020, 03:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you still can't give rep when it's due.  

Sad.

I said that Ben can't make throws that a high school qb could make, which this goes along with that and I mentioned it in another thread that he can't make throws downfield.  He just was dinking and dunking the ball on crossing routes and to backs out of the backfield.

They don't have an explosive running game to make up for the lack of big plays in the passing game and teams will be able to just game plan to shut them down.

How did they start 11-0 and then now just look like shit?!  Had no teams figured out their weaknesses?  Last night, they seriously looked like a team that any NFL team could beat.

Tomlin's finally being exposed as a clueless coach who just had winning teams because of the talent on the field.

His in-game management and attitude, as well as his post-game press conferences, reminds me of Marvin struggling in all of those areas (to a lesser extreme, obviously).

Also, like I said above, Ben doesn't look like he can get the ball downfield or really make any challenging throws.  That stood out to me last night.

Tomlin was "exposed" years ago.  His "game plan" always seems to be hoping his best players make enough big plays to win.  Every Steelers fan who isn't a Yinzer knew it.

But we also know he never, ever be let go.  He's had the talent to never have a below 500 season and the fans who have grown up with Ben as the QB accept that as excellence.  Those of us who are little bit older know that's just failing later in the season.

They put too much on Ben and it showed up early.  They left Munchak go and the 0-line has been bad since.  Add in it is older nad injured and it's a recipe for bad.

(12-23-2020, 02:58 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Can't figure out Tomlin at all despite having an invested interest in his team. Seems like some years they overperform, other years underperform and sometimes it's in a drastic way.

I agree with Dino that they haven't changed too much on offense; the injuries on defense have caught up to them and made the offense work harder. But I disagree that Juju's attention seeking is just a typical 20 something thing and couldn't become/maybe already is a locker room issue. Surprised Tomlin hasn't pulled him aside. 

Bengals players noticed and took exception. Pittsburgh needed that game and the Bengals looked like they wanted it more. Agreed that a lot of media criticism of NFL players is just pushing a narrative and hot takes but that's personally not how I see Juju's logo dancing. 

Ben's body has been beat up bad and his throwing is hard to watch now. Steelers messed up by not investing a higher pick on a QB the last few years and letting him develop. The Bush and Fitzpatrick trades probably squashed that anyway. Now they're in a position where they're not drafting high enough or would have to trade the farm to have a legit shot at drafting a franchise guy. I can't see the Steelers tanking next season either. They construct a team to win every year and have very talented players under contract. They may get stuck in mediocrity.

This is the Browns and Ravens division for the next couple years imo. Steelers have to find their next QB and the Bengals still have a ways to go even with a guy as good as Burrow.

I'm 51.  I've lived through the SB years 'til now.  There are always fans who think they should never have a down season...but that's just not reality.  Unless your New England and have the best coach and the best QB and can lure players in on the cheap with the promise of chance at a SB.  

The Steelers haven't had a legitimate shot at a SB in years.  Even when they made the playoffs for the last decade they weren't the best team.

Are they "done"?  I'm not sure.  A better coach could make something out of the talent they have on defense (injuries aside) and rebuild the offense quickly around the young WR group.

(12-23-2020, 12:44 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It's called "karma".

The Bengals are still trying to get Hines Ward knocked out of a game.

(12-23-2020, 03:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: I agree that was a weird game.

- Bengals picked off Ben once and should have had three more if the defenders could actually CATCH potential INTs.

- The fumbles. That said Vonn Bell flushing Schuster down the toilet was beautiful.

- The Steeler D was out of position on a lot of plays.

And I am a Bengals fan! I was just surprised to see the Steelers play like this and to see them out physicaled by the Bengals.

Steelers ARE playing tired.  That's not an excuse though.  They had a chance to wrap up the division title and ensure at least one home game and they came out like they usually do under Tomlin...slow.  

How are they going to go seven drives without a score (or first down) against any other team in the playoffs?

The game plan hasn't changed in weeks and Tomlin said he sees no reason for wholesale changes during his press conference this week so expect more of the same:  Tomlin hoping they catch the ball and get YAC, no misdirection or play action, and if the running game gets going they'll stop running.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers Looked Like A Dumpster Fire! - GMDino - 12-23-2020, 11:03 PM