Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Electronics Majors At A College Build Me A Lightwriter?
Everyone knows about the little brick-size computer that I talk with:

[Image: 1365px-SL35_Lightwriter.jpg]

I love it because I can type on it so fast that it comes out about as smoothly as anyone talks.

The only problem is that they quit making this model and the new models, while more advanced with having predictive text, actually are a lot more difficult for me to use because the speech is delayed a split second when I hit enter, the predictive text isn't instant, it's more difficult to store things and then even more difficult to pull them up, it doesn't scroll the text when you hit the replay button, and a few other things. It also doesn't have the cool sounds or any of the songs.

I have a five or six older Lightwriters in my model that, for one reason or another, quit working. Do you think that I could find a college class that deals in that sort of thing (electronics, I guess? Maybe computers?) that would, as maybe a class project with groups, take my old Lightwriters and find the pieces in each that still work and put them into the other ones that don't work and get them functioning again?

Or do you think I could find a class that would take on the project of building me an entirely new communication device?

I think it would be a cool thing to do and make their classroom experience more real and make them feel like they accomplished something big!

Let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas that can help me and if you think it's even a good idea!

THANKS!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Could Electronics Majors At A College Build Me A Lightwriter? - BFritz21 - 12-30-2020, 02:02 PM