Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend Just Tested Positive For The Rona
(01-09-2021, 07:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I caught it at work around Thanksgiving.

There were 8 of us confirmed from that outbreak.  Unfortunately one of them passed in the early hours of Christmas day.

I never had a fever the entire time, and it was nothing like anything I have ever had before.  My cough was minor, and early on the fatigue was incredible.  I would sleep 12 hours overnight, then would need to nap every few hours throughout the day.  I had no appetite, and lost about 10 pounds through it all.  Smell and taste were never 100% lost, but were definitely impacted.  Lots of body aches.  When I tested positive, they came back into the room and re-checked my blood pressure.  When that was complete they said it was better than the first readings, which would have prevented me from being released to anywhere but an ER.  They stated it was really high and would need to get checked out after isolation, but it could be due to decongestant usage and not to take any (that didn't help the illness as I was pretty stuffed up early on.  In fact, I originally thought I had a sinus infection).  It is unknown if I developed high blood pressure during 2020, but I didn't have it at the beginning of the year.  My job does involve some strenuous work every few weeks, and only the week before my testing positive I had a very physical task without any odd side effects.  Since COVID I can't do much physical activity at all without my BP spiking through the roof, becoming out of breath and feeling my heart beat pounding in my ears.  I am on my third incarnation of medicines in as many weeks trying to find something that will work.  I'm learning about more and more people who have had pressure issues since COVID, and how it can impact the heart.  Unfortunately I think it was the culprit and I am going to be a long hauler with this problem.  I also find myself with a ton of mental lapses about what I was doing moments prior.  There are reports out there of Covid Fog in some people, and I'm hoping that is not the case for me.  But I'm alive, and that is the important part.

That's definitely the most important part, but I'm sorry that you had to go through that at all.  I thought everything ended after two weeks, but you being on week 3 freaks me out.

Any idea how you caught it?  Did someone cough or sneeze on you?  Weird if everyone on your trip got it.

Every time I think about being more bold and leaving my place, I'll hear stories like that and it will keep me in check.

Last night, I rolled down to this place in the Town Center called the Taste of Belgium for like my second night out since everything started back in, what, March?  I kept my distance from everyone and it wasn't too crowded.  The only one who got near me was the bartender who was hitting on me HARDCORE!  lol

I was going to go back tonight and have a few drinks but, now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any TVs and I need to watch the games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Friend Just Tested Positive For The Rona - BFritz21 - 01-09-2021, 09:08 PM