Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-08-2021, 07:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A couple things...

1) I understand what you are getting at but you should not draft for pure need at 5 overall. If you re-sign Lawson and upgrade the OL in FA as has been mentioned by Paul Dehner Jr just within the past week, you'd have your starters set. As such, you'd only be drafting a rotational player or a player to take over in a year or two. Pitts would (or should) be an immediate TE1 and see a lot of snaps in any offense.
2) A player with the talent of Pitts is someone you cater the offense toward. If Taylor is not willing to incorporate his offense to use a TE more as a pass catcher, that's his loss. The expectation would be you would (or should) use Pitts essentially as a third WR. You can keep Sample on the field too for blocking.
3) Pitts has blocked before, he just hasn't done it heavily.
4) Travis Kelce had 2nd most receiving yards in entire league...WRs included. Wouldn’t you want a guy like Kelce?

We are going to have to agree to disagree because you aren't changing my mind, and I guess I'm not changing yours.

I accept Pitts is a good player in college but 1 is more important..we are weaker at LB than WR.. so I go LB
2.  I don;t buy he is transitional for us.. size nice..but he has 4.7 that is not going to open the field up..we can find position TEs later
3.  Kelce was later in draft.. i don;t think any of your top end TEs over the last 3 years have been even picked in 1st round and I know not top 5.

On Pitts we don;t agree, but do you agree Parsons should be considered with 5 pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
. - Yojimbo - 01-08-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Short list of acceptable picks at 5 - Essex Johnson - 01-08-2021, 08:27 PM