Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 7.0 2021- FANSPEAK
(01-12-2021, 11:47 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: My main concern with this plan is counting on Faalele to be the guy at RT. He is huge, you're absolutely right; he will be one of the largest players in NFL history. From a playing perspective, he is really slow coming out of his stance and I haven't been able to watch him go against any talented speed rushers. He was also injured for the game against Auburn last year, a leg injury. A guy of that size dealing with some minor, nagging leg injuries concerns me, likely more than it should. If he gets his hands on you, he is incredibly powerful and I can imagine a 260 pound defensive end getting wore out trying to move a 400 pound T all game, but I am concerned with his long term durability and ability to handle speed guys.

I think this is a common sentiment with Faalele, but after watching Bechton blow up the combine, and then perform very well for a lame Jets team (with little talent around him....let's face it, if you are blocking for Lamar Jackson you are going to give up fewer sacks than Sam Darnold) and I have come to the simple conclusion that there are just not very many people on the planet that have that size, strength, and length.  He punches guys that are running around the edge (with great accuracy) and just sends them flying.  He collapses edges and he moves VERY well for such a big guy.

I am glad everyone isn't as high on him or he would be long gone, but I see him as a perfect fit for the Bengals at RT.  If there is one thing this team needs to get better at on offense, it is running the ball.  So much could open up from there.  That is not to say he is deficient at pass blocking.  But, he simply moves anything in run blocking.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 7.0 2021- FANSPEAK - J24 - 01-11-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: SHRacerX Mock 7.0 2021- FANSPEAK - SHRacerX - 01-12-2021, 01:01 PM