Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac's Contract for Longer Than 3 Years??? (Hobson Article)
I caught this in the article that was shared the other day, and I completely forgot to share it. Check out the following exhange (Reader question is posted in bold, Hobson response follows.)

With Zac Taylor returning with only one year on his contract, how likely is it the Bengals will be able to recruit quality assistant coaches to work with a head coach whose contract may not be renewed unless significant improvement in wins? Doug Fecher, Hamilton, OH

DOUG: I'm not sure you've got the right contract parameters there, but there are examples past and present of coaches getting it going in the third year.

It sure seems to me that this assumption many of us have had (that Zac's deal was for 3 years) is wrong.

There's a lot of ways of Hobson could have answered this. He could have all together avoided, or sidestepped the contract portion. Or could have used something like "I don't know" or "It's not public how long..." I don't think he replies this way unless he actually knows it's longer.

Remember, no details about this deal have ever been made. It sure sounds like he may have been given a 4, or God forbid a 5 year deal.

I don't know that this changes that much, as I still think Taylor gets axed if he has another 5 win or less season. But with the way this team has operated in the past it definitely makes things a little more cloudy. I could see him getting another year going 7-10 (17 game season) if he is indeed signed for another year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zac's Contract for Longer Than 3 Years??? (Hobson Article) - Wes Mantooth - 01-11-2021, 11:53 AM