Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-25-2021, 03:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: That’s a tough call. Allen really turned the corner this year, and I think he can get better. He has a really strong arm and can make all the throws and has a nice deep throw.

I think Joe us going to grow more too, doesn’t have the arm strength, but his IQ is really high. I don’t know if Allen has the obvious confidence as Joe has though.

Honestly, I think tge Bengals are better set up for future success with Joe because he has 4 years of rookie contract left. Allen is eligible for a contract extension right now which would be costly this year.

Josh Allen has been a full-time starter for 2 years and he made the playoffs twice, has 2 playoff wins and made it to the AFC Championship game against the world champs.  I realize they are different guys and I wouldn't immediately do a straight up swap (and football is a team sport), but Josh Allen should have more confidence that Burrow at this psychological moment.

I know you don't mean Burrow is confident in a sort of unrealistic and cocky way, but hell...I'm not even sure. We are all pretty convinced Burrow is or will be better than every QB in the league other than Mahommes right now, and his first 3 years as a starting QB are just absurd. I have confidence in Burrow, but I also realize that I'm a fan of a team that hasn't had a winning season in 5 years and I'm pretty sure my 2-win QB is better than everyone except a guy who is record book-smashingly amazing so early in his career. I guess we've got that swagger now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - Nately120 - 01-25-2021, 06:25 PM