Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 9.0 2021, FA, No Trades, Complete picture
Ok, every time I have created a thread about a mock, there is always feedback about " that guy won't be there", etc.  I used Fanspeak and their big board was updated Tuesday.  If I saw someone that I knew in reality wouldn't be there, I didn't take them.  Trying to make it as feasible as possible.

I have included FA in this as a "big picture" view on where I hope the team addresses their talent.

Here goes:

FA:

Release:  Bobby Hart, Geno Atkins

Sign Carl Lawson, 4 years, 55 million
Sign WJIII;  4 years, 50 million
Sign Mackenzie Alexander;  3 years, $18 million
Sign Joe Thuney; 5 yrs, 50 million (I know that is below Market target of $14 per year, but I think the FA market overall will decline and I don't see many teams paying that for a Guard.  If the Bengals guaranteed $35 million of this contract, that isn't too far off the $40 million guaranteed from Zack Martin's deal (which he will likely never see the end of).
Sign Soloman Thomas;  3yrs, 15 million.  He was moved outside, which was a mistake.  The 49ers spent their first pick last year on an interior defensive linemen and that is leaving Thomas as the odd man out.  He would be a nice option next to Reader here.  

That helps to dictate this draft:

R1 P5 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon:  He plays LT in my mind.  Move Jonah to RT and we have bookend tackles.

R2 P6 OT Rashawn Slater - Northwestern;  I wasn't entirely surprised to see him still there as he is in a fairly deep OT class, but I am drafting him to play guard.  Has great position versatility.  With an offensive line that goes:  Sewell-Thuney-Hopkins/Price-Slater-Williams, the Bengals go from one of the worst lines in the league to what could be the one of the best.  

R3 P5 WR Anthony Schwartz - Auburn:  Speedy option that can get open quickly and can help take the top off the defense.  John Ross with better hands and focus.

R4 P6 EDGE Rashad Weaver - Pitt:  Aggressive and quick, he creates relentless pressure from the edge.  

R5 P5 CB Deommodore Lenoir - Oregon:  Smooth and confident, always left on an island and rarely lost.  

R6 P6 S James Wiggins - Cincinnati:  Simply put, a bad man.  Tough as nails and great instincts.  

R7 P5 DL Lorenzo Neal - Purdue:  Plays a little out of control sometimes, but has a great motor and some good pass rushing tools.  

R7 P7 K Riley Patterson - Memphis:  He's not Fat Randy

You may scoff at three straight offensive selections, but the defensive talent simply wasn't there unless I wanted to reach for a guy in the third round, and I love what Schwartz brings to the offense.  This is a no excuses draft.  They have an outstanding secondary, solid young LBs, and the return of Reader, Tupou, and Wren,  with additions of Thomas and Weaver would greatly improve the trench on the defensive side of the field.  This offense would be ready to roll.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SHRacerX Mock 9.0 2021, FA, No Trades, Complete picture - SHRacerX - 01-20-2021, 01:14 PM