Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slater reminds me of Andre Dillard and that’s not a good thing
(01-24-2021, 05:31 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Is it fair to throw out their worst tape? My point is that without the OSU tape, he would be going later in the draft - doesn’t make him a bad player. But that tape is getting meme’d.

You see centers come into the league all the time who are “technicians” - can scoop around a player lined up in the gap, very ‘agile’, mobile, etc. but are out of the league a few years later - lots of rimington award winners. Dillard comes to mind as an OT who has a similar game. What I’m afraid of is that we find out later that his game doesn’t translate in the NFL and we waste another top 5 pick.

Just my gut feeling. I liked Jonah better as a prospect, would be willing to go for a more conservative proven type of player.

You don't count it because it's his best game, you look at it because he played against one of the best DE to come out in awhile.  Lucky for him, it just also happens to be one of his best games/.

Slater is a proven player from a power 5 team.  Not sure what else you are looking for.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slater reminds me of Andre Dillard and that’s not a good thing - Hammerstripes - 01-26-2021, 05:18 PM