Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
(02-28-2021, 12:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am not saying he is not talented  just don't see using #5 pick on a TE with a system of much more spread out 3/4 WR sets and when we have a TE.. tend to be more of a blocker and catching off the line, I don;t see that as a good fit with Pitt being a soso blocker and most of his college career has not been in a 3 point stance ... I just read another write up that tends to say the same thing.. does not seem like a great fit for Bengals at #5 with other needs and the type of offense we run...but  disagree...

If you're building players around your scheme rather than build your scheme around the players, you're going to miss out on some great talent.
Great teams like the Patriots have succeeded so much because they've been able to morph the playcalling to their active players each given week.

If the Bengals choose to pass on Pitts because they consider the TE primarily as a blocker and only the 4th or 5th option in the offense, they are doing themselves a disservice. And until they start using the TE more in the passing game, I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense still be in the bottom third of the league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end. - ochocincos - 03-01-2021, 03:26 PM