Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Had The First Shot Of The Vaccine!
(03-05-2021, 07:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can't speak for Kentucky, but I am aware of how people under the cutoff age are getting it in Ohio (Maybe it's the same).

From what I understand, what is happening here is that it's doses that somehow went unused and are due to expire at day's end.  The way this is gettting into the arms of younger people is pharmacies will go around the store shortly before closing and ask anyone they can if they would like to get vaccinated.

It makes sense.  I'm sure they have canceled appointments and no-shows, or they get more than they had previously schedule for.  But as far as I know you have to be on-site to claim one.  I don't think you can just grab a slot over the phone or internet.  I think it's a last minute sort of thing.

That's happening in Kentucky, too, but I'm just now thinking: how would they be sure that they'll have the second doses leftover at the end of the day when it comes time to get it?  I guess it doesn't really matter when they get it, so they could just hope for leftovers whenever, but that assumes that they send them all at once or the same number each time?

Messages In This Thread