Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control
(02-16-2021, 04:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oooooo, what it is?

Japanese Nambu training machine gun. Grandfather brought it back as a war trophy but there is no paperwork on it and ATF has no record. It got a ton of surface rust and is spiked, but could be made functional with very little effort (my brother-in-law is a passable machinist and was thinking of doing just that). It technically fires "blanks," which were actually live rounds with wooden bullets in them used to train the Japanese population to manage a machine gun. I did some research and found that it still classified as one and so called the ATF office in Pittsburgh.

They are going to disable it to their standards, which I am fine with because I'd never find ammunition for it and this means I get to keep it. We'll probably make it look nice and display it with some of the stuff from my grandfather. I found his funeral flag, for instance, and some other stuff from his time in the service. He was also on the HMT Rohna when it was sunk, so there is some cool stuff out there on that I can include.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden Admin/117th Congress Gun Control - Belsnickel - 02-16-2021, 04:22 PM