Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate?
(02-25-2021, 05:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: with the depth of this draft picking up extra picks on day 2 might be the best strategy.
What positions are thin in this draft class?

DT is paper thin.  And that is a need.  Edge rusher, too, which is too bad as that also is a need.

The positions of solid talent that have pretty good depth appear to be QB, WR, TE, OT, G, and CB.  Oddly, mostly offense, and that seems to be where the Bengals are most lacking.  I still blame a lot of the defensive issues to injuries and inept offense at times without Joe.

Trading back always sounds like a great idea, but there are several things to remember:

1.) There are no guarantees that anyone offers much of anything to us for #5.  Especially in this cap-strapped year, draft picks are gold.  

2.) The Bengals with Joe Burrow at the helm won't likely be picking at the top of the draft again.  Call me an optimist, but before Burrow went down, I thought the team was going to roll the second half and get to as many as 7 wins.  Getting a transcendent talent like Chase might not present itself again for some time.  

3.) It is more than just a good story, drafting Chase for Burrow, as former LSU teammates.  They knew each other and look no further than how Brady knew Gronk to see how that can pay off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? - SHRacerX - 02-26-2021, 09:26 AM