Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF ranks Jackson #1 FA CB, Lawson #3 Edge
(02-27-2021, 09:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dunlap wasn't a really good pass rusher for us last year. Lawson was our best by far. I pay the man and hope Hobby can get
the best out of him
while our interior hopefully stays healthy. We were decimated at DT last season. I wanted Lou gone but what
can yah do?

We should still want to stay competitive on Defense, I don't understand the thought of ignoring one side of the ball for the other.

If we can stay relatively healthy, I think our D can be decent with Reader, Lawson, Hubbard, Wilson, Pratt, ADG and our Secondary
while adding some players. But if we just say eh, doesn't matter, Lou sucks, nothing matters, not even Burrow. All the pressure 
would be on Burrow to keep this team in high scoring games. Not cool IMO.

In the 16 games that Lawson played, he played at least 60% of the snaps in 13 of them. He had 2.5 sacks and 2 TFL in those 13 games.

In the 3 games Lawson played less than 60% of the snaps, he had 3 sacks and 2 TFL.

- - - - - - - - -

Because the Bengals were nowhere near competitive on defense last year and they need ~$30m this offseason just to bring themselves back to that poor level of last in sacks, giving up 400 rushing yards to the Ravens, 26th overall, etc

Defense was punted away from being competitive this year the second they decided to bring Anarumo back. 

They ignored offense last offseason to spend heavily on defense and all it got them was a shitty defense and a broken 1st overall pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF ranks Jackson #1 FA CB, Lawson #3 Edge - TheLeonardLeap - 02-28-2021, 12:14 AM