Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Gen Stats Aggressiveness %
(02-25-2021, 11:36 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Are these stats the results of the WR's not being open or are they the results of bad play calling or the results of bad O-line play forcing an early throw?

My guess would be that Burrow's stat being so high is a combination of those three factors together. At times, a lack of separation, certainly a lack of play calling to isolate WRs with rub routes and picks, and then the elephant in the room, the shit OL, when pressure comes, you throw the ball to avoid the sack and that means throwing before the WR is open.

I don't think you can use that stat and simply go.. oh it's terrible we need new WRs. I think you look at it and go, what is happening in the offense that allows our guys to always be covered? Lack of creative play calling would be high on the list. The fact that teams can get home with 4 guys is also high on the list. Bad WR play...not as high.

Well, we literally do need new WR’s. We currently only have 3 under contract for next season. One way or another that position group is going to look pretty different than it did last year. We have 2 nice pieces already, just have to add some more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Gen Stats Aggressiveness % - Nicomo Cosca - 02-25-2021, 12:08 PM
RE: Next Gen Stats Aggressiveness % - J24 - 02-25-2021, 06:41 PM