Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate This Time of Year (Let's Get Weird)
As the title states, I hate this time of year. I'm not sure why exactly I feel the need to share that, but with so little going on I was hoping some of us could all voice out collective hatred in this thread.

Hell, we can even get weird with it. In fact, let's. I mean, there's nothing to really talk about so why not turn this thread into whatever it is you all want. Maybe we could dicuss who would win in a fight between Kevin Huber and Fat Randy. Maybe we could talk who we think could drink the most beers on the offensive line.... which player is most likely to win a hot dog eating contest?

I suppose I should take the time to explain why this time of year sucks so much, although I think most know. The NFL is now over, and we're weeks away from free agency. There's not much going on.

College football too is over. The recruting classes are set. There's not much going on.

The only thing going on with baseball is "pitchers and catchers report in x days" which makes me sleepy even hearing it (I hate spring training).

And college basketball, God love it, is deep into conference play where we're all ready to just get to the conference tournaments so we can get to the NCAA tourney. It tends to drag a bit in late February. (Note: UC stinks this year, so me personally, I don't even have that to look forward to.

And last, but certainly not least, is that we're stuck in that last stage of winter. And here in Cincy it's especially be bad because we never know when we're in the clear. You just want to get it over with, and into spring. You get some nice weather, March finally comes, and you're thinking "alright, we're finally there" and then bam, out of nowhere you get a couple of inches of snow and it's like 20 degrees on like March 15th when the week earlier it was in the 50's all week.

So yeah, mid Feb to early March stinks. And it kinda stinks on JN too. We're all looking for anything to talk about, speculating about even the most mundane of topics (should we draft a kicker late in the draft). And worst of all, many of us are engaging in debates like dogs chasing their tails, over and over and over. ("Zac should have been fired"... "He deserved year 3"... "You're not a real fan"... "You're a homer", etc.)

So do with this thread what you will. Use it vent, use it to have fun, use it as an escape from debating the white panels on jerseys.

I'll kick it off with a simple question... Who can throw a better ball, Katie or Troy Blackburn?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Hate This Time of Year (Let's Get Weird) - Wes Mantooth - 02-25-2021, 01:28 PM