Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Spring Training thread
(03-20-2021, 12:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: I just don't think this team is going anywhere this season if ST pitching stats are any indicator.. We're next to the bottom of the league in stats We lead the lague with 34 HRs given up and have issued 82 BB (tied with Rockies) 2nd only to the Cards in that category with 84. If this holds through the regular season we're toast.. 
On the other hand we're 8th in the league in BA with I believe 15 players hitting over .300.. I know..still very early.
That said ST stats are often highly misleading and things can turn around quickly.. 
Lots of pitchers with little chance of making the club. Our actual starters don't look so bad(Santillan is still a possibility).
Castillo 0.00 ERA in 5 innings
Mahle 0.00 ERA I don't like how there are only 9 ST games left and he has one appearance for only 2 innings
Santillan 0.00 ERA with 2 unearned runs on a home run
Antone 1.17 ERA 1 run in 7.2 innings
Gray 4.50 ERA 1 start for 2 innings Kind of concerned about his health
Lodolo 6.00 ERA 2 runs in 3 innings but he may see some time this year

I am really liking Cionel Perez in the bullpen. This guy has star written all over him. 7.2 innings with a 1.17 ERA. Biddle looks good (1.29 ERA in 7 innings) and so does Vladimer Guitierrez (0.00 ERA in 5 innings with one start)

Lorenzen looks lost as does Doolittle.

My Starting Lineup
Senzel - CF
Castellanos - RF
Winker - LF
Suarez - SS
Moustakis - 3B
India - 2B
Votto - 1B
Barnhardt - C He may be a poor hitter but he's still a Gold Glove Catcher

Batting lineup we'll probably see

Winker
Castellanos
Votto
Suarez
Moustakis
India
Senzel
Barnhardt

Bench Players
Farmer
Akiyama - really came into his own as the leadoff hitter late in last seasons truncated schedule.
Payton
Strange-Gordon
Stephenson - this dude still needs to learn how to catch. I have visions of Mesoraco behind the plate. Still way too clumsy.

Blandino and Aquino can hit the minors for another year. Naquin and Freeman are cuts while Schrock and Heineman are worth keeping around. Jose Garcia . . . 0 for 14. Ouch.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - Goalpost - 03-03-2021, 07:25 AM
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - kevin - 03-14-2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - Goalpost - 03-16-2021, 07:33 AM
RE: Reds Spring Training thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-20-2021, 07:21 AM