Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Anarumo is looking for this offseason
(03-03-2021, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: New Hobson post on bengals.com reveals what Anarumo is looking for in his hybrid defense this offseason.
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-defense-seeks-same-traits-as-scheme-evolves

When talking about pass rushers...

When talking about CB...

So expect DL and CB to be the focus in FA and the draft, not so much LB, based on what Anarumo is saying.

Considering that Jackson is the top rated CB in the free agent market this year, according to the ratings on NFL.com, does that mean they'll re-sign Jackson? Will they seek to sign a lessor corner instead and pretend it's an improvement? Will they look for a 4th round corner to be a starter? Is Alexander, a decent slot corner, in the mix anywhere?

Frankly, Waynes has never been as good as Jackson so if they intend for Waynes to replace Jackson I fail to see how this is suppose to improve anything.

Additionally, the scheme is still evolving? It's been two years and it's largely been two years of failure unless the team was playing a weak or injured offense, in which case it showed some ability. But in no case has it shut down a good offense. In fact, they've been nothing but road kill against decent offenses. Even Houston, a team that is jettisoning its better players, laid 31 points on this defense. That's embarrassing! Baltimore runs all over them. Pittsburgh, before their injuries, could not be stopped by this defense. Cleveland has two 30+ point performances. Dalton spanked them with 30 points.

Things are really getting to the point where whatever this coaching staff says, I'll believe opposite simply because I'll likely be correct in the end. While I'm sure they want to improve at the corner spot and along the DL, the actual moves they make will likely be highly questionable.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Anarumo is looking for this offseason - BengalChris - 03-03-2021, 11:21 PM